During this unprecedented time, we hope you and your families are staying healthy. As the situation with COVID-19 evolves, we continue to monitor and follow national and local health guidelines. While most of our stores are temporarily closed, we continue to serve your musical needs online at shop.schmittmusic.com. Please read below for an updated message from our leadership:
Dear Valued Customer,
As you are aware, many communities are now under a “Shelter in Place” or “Stay at Home” order. As of today, this impacts all Schmitt Music stores in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas City, and Denver. Currently, our Omaha, Sioux Falls, and Fargo stores remain open* with adjusted operations.
We have temporarily reduced our corporate workforce, but will continue to take care of our essential business operations. This includes a number of services you may find useful:
- We have added new items to our online store – please CLICK HERE TO SHOP ONLINE, or find the “shop” link in our website navigation for more options.
- School band and orchestra students can find our full line of director-approved instruments, accessories and method books, available with FREE shipping to your home! We’re featuring a number of great selections at reduced prices.
- Online supplies will ship the same day they’re ordered (in-stock accessories & books within 24 hours; instrument and mouthpiece product processing may vary).
- For our educator friends, the Schmitt Director Center (SDC) is open and able to serve all of your needs. You can reach Jodi at Jodi.Tripp@schmittmusic.com or at 763-569-9085.
- The Account Services Center is also able to receive your emails or calls at 763-398-5000 or Vickie.Kroll@schmittmusic.com to take care of questions regarding your “Better Than Rent” Student Instrument Trial Purchase contracts.
- Our Specialty Shop Managers & Instrument Specialists are busy posting some great social media content – everything from live jazz performances and clinics to great instrument demos and other insights. If you don’t already follow our experts, now is a great time to connect on your favorite social media channels. Learn more at schmittmusic.com/connect.
- If you’re interested in pianos, please START HERE to find information about all of our new and used piano offerings. You can also shop our collection of used pianos online or contact our Piano Specialists for any questions you might have about acoustic, digital, or hybrid pianos.
If you have any questions about our stores, instrument repair, or other music-related inquiries, please feel free to reach out via email at SMCquestions@chmittmusic.com, or call 763-398-5046 and we will make sure to connect you with the proper resource.
Schmitt Music leadership will continue to update our policies as guided by the CDC and other health authorities, and we’ll keep you updated as changes are made. Please check back for our latest Schmitt Music COVID-19 response and updates.
We appreciate your patronage and support. Together, with music helping to fill our hearts, we will make the best of these next few weeks and the challenges we all face this Spring. We wish you good health and safety, and hope you continue to make beautiful music in your homes.
Tom Schmitt, President & Doug Schmitt, Vice President
*Schmitt Music stores in Fargo, Omaha, and Sioux Falls remain open with adjusted hours and updated policies and procedures (until further notice) as outlined in our March 17th update and as follows (see below).
We are committed to providing a safe environment for our staff, visitors, and customers. Since mid-March, Schmitt Music has been working to help “flatten the curve” and slow the spread of COVID-19 / coronavirus, as guided by the CDC and other authorities.
We are taking robust actions to keep our stores and facilities safe and clean. Additionally, we are mindful of steps we can take to address social distancing while guiding on-site staff to follow best practices in terms of personal health. Specific actions we are still taking include:
- Increased frequency of cleaning with a focus on frequently touched surfaces; door handles, counter-tops, ledges, bathrooms, etc.
- In-store wind instrument trials are temporarily suspended (woodwind, brass, other); however, shipping services remain available. We are happy to schedule a phone or virtual consultation, curate a selection of instruments, and ship directly to you!
- We follow and/or exceed industry standards for cleaning our wind, string, and keyboard instruments. In-store trials are allowed for: keyboards & pianos, ukuleles & guitars, and other non-wind instruments.
- We are temporarily suspending our lesson programs. No face-to-face lessons will be given in our stores until further notice. Please call your private instructor to discuss alternate plans.
- We have canceled and/or rescheduled all group recitals and events in our stores until further notice.
- We request that our staff and patrons wash hands before and after your visit, and stay home if sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or other illness.
Schmitt Music stores, where open, are operating temporarily reduced hours until further notice:
- Sunday: CLOSED
- Monday – Thursday: 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.