Celebrating more than 170 All-Steinway Schools
All-Steinway Schools demonstrate a full commitment to excellence by providing their students and faculties with the best instruments possible for the study of music. That is why the only pianos owned by these institutions – from the practice room pianos to instruments gracing their performance stages – are designed by Steinway & Sons.
Since 1877, Steinway & Sons and their network of Steinway piano dealers have recognized the tremendous impact of excellent pianos in the students’ learning. The value of the Steinway extends well beyond this impact, however, by enhancing the reputation of the educational institution as well as fostering pride in its donors and benefactors, faculty, students, alumni, and community.
Since 1961, Steinway has chosen Schmitt Music to be its exclusive authorized dealer for Steinway & Sons pianos and in that time we are proud to have helped several institutions become distinguished All-Steinway Schools. If you have questions or you are interested in becoming an All-Steinway School, you are to be commended! Please complete the information on the Inquiry Form and someone in our Institutional Piano Department will contact you.
- Bemidji State University – Bemidji, MN
- Benedictine College – Atchison, KS
- Concordia University – St. Paul, MN
- Gustavus Adolphus University – St. Peter, MN
- Hastings College – Hastings, NE
- Kansas State University | School of Music, Theater & Dance – Manhattan, KS
- Missouri Western State University – St. Joseph, MO
- Saint Mary’s University – Winona, MN
- University of Central Missouri – Warrensburg, MO
- University of Denver | Lamont School of Music – Denver, CO
- University of Minnesota | School of Music – Minneapolis, MN
- University of Minnesota–Morris – Morris, MN
- Waldorf College – Forest City, IA
A Legacy of Excellence
This video represents a sampling of academic leaders from institutions that proudly call themselves “All-Steinway.” Listen to their personal accounts describing why this designation is so important to their music programs and to their schools as a whole.