Keyboard Sales Associate
Schmitt Music | Bloomington, MN
The Schmitt Music Keyboard Sales Associate assists customers who have an interest in purchasing a keyboard instrument and is managed by the Bloomington Piano Sales Manager. Requirements are a desire to interact with customers ultimately result in the sale of pianos and electronic keyboards.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Achieve the various individual goals and objectives set by your store managers based on that stores annual Sales Plan paying particular attention to:
- The financial health of your individual store by tracking your expenses and achieving your individual sales goals.
- Contributing to your store’s social media content especially for Facebook and Schmitt Music’s YouTube channel by creating content such as videos and postings.
- Keeping your stores used piano web content up to date by sending pictures, videos, and descriptions of used pianos as they arrive to Marketing.
- Participating in training that is provided for all Keyboard Associates at your store.
- Participate in a weekly meetings for your store.
- Adhere to the Keyboard Department’s promotional calendar carrying out the various planned promotions throughout the year and also adding add at least one event per month that is unique to your store such as an Artist Concert, Master Class, Workshop, etc.
- Helping to Implement the Steinway Piano Competition every year that it is offered.
- Being open to having various tasks assigned to you at your managers discretion to further the success of the company.
- Adhering to the company’s passion, niche, and core values statements.
Develop and maintain relationships with the musical community to collaborate and support events, programming, and joint performance ventures, etc. Attend concerts and social events with VIP customers – formal and informal.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in a music business related field.
- 3+ years of personal sales experience.
- Knowledge of keyboard products and instruments required.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Superior organizational and follow-up skills to ensure responsibilities and sales goals are met within defined guidelines.
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Efficient knowledge of computers and Microsoft programs required.
- Valid Driver’s License and background check required.
Physical Demands Work Environment:
Retail and office-type working conditions. The responsibilities of this position may frequently require using hands, reaching with hands and arms, and talking or hearing. This position may often involve standing, walking and sitting. This position may sometimes involve climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. May lift up to 20-30 pounds. May occasionally be required to climb a ladder, bend over and kneel to put stock away and move and carry merchandise.
Our company hiring procedures are outlined below:
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume.
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
Please fill out the application (choose online or PDF form below), and you will hear from us soon!