Network Administration (Help Desk)
Schmitt Music Brooklyn Center | Brooklyn Center, MN
Primary Objective of Position:
Provide Network Administration, Maintenance, support Point of Sale systems and provide end-users with software and hardware support.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining internal and external websites.
- Support Point of Sales systems to ensure continued uninterrupted operation.
- Assist end-users with PC hardware and software related issues.
- Diagnose and repair computer hardware as needed.
- Responsible for Windows and Linux Network Administration including connectivity, printing and maintaining accurate equipment logs of all information processing equipment.
- Update or assist in the updating of the Network and Desktop Operating System software based on direction from the Information Systems Manager.
- Install hardware at the designated locations based on established standards.
- Monitor and Maintain daily backups, security and antivirus logs.
- Diagnose report and repair network failures as needed at Schmitt locations.
- Install and maintain routers and switches.
- Install and maintain applications as needed.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner all pertinent information necessary for the smooth running of the network to other staff members and external support resources.
- Must be able to meet deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have experience with Microsoft Server and Microsoft Exchange. Must have good aptitude for PC repair and troubleshooting. Linux experience is preferred but not necessary.
Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong organization and facilitation skills. Must have the ability to comprehend and follow complex instructions and procedures. Must be able to communicate in a professional manner and to read and understand correspondence, memoranda, and directives.
Must have the ability to read and discern visual images in a variety of media. Must have the ability to remain seated or standing at the same workstation for up to 4 hours at a time. Must be able to lift and carry 35 pounds. Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, reach, crawl, and climb as needed during the installation process.
Schmitt Music operates retail stores in multiple states and varying hours of operation. Hours are primarily Monday through Friday with a morning and shift ending in the early evening along with rotating on call evening and weekend shifts.
Two years post-secondary education from an accredited technical vocational school or college.
Six months minimum experience, working with Microsoft software.
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume and one letter of recommendation
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
2400 Freeway Blvd.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430