Accounts Payable and Payroll Specialist
Schmitt Music Brooklyn Center | Brooklyn Center, MN
Major Job Functions:
- Processing vendor invoices and reconciling vendor statements
- Preparing biweekly payrolls
- Maintaining accounts payable, employee, and payroll records
- Processing new hires and terminations
- Posting changes in pay and tax status
- Recording and calculating payroll deductions
- Gathering documentation for audits
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Accurate and efficient work habits.
- An aptitude for mastering computer systems
- Relaxed, friendly communication skills. This position will directly interface with senior management, employees, and outside entities.
- Inquisitive nature that needs to know the “how” and the “why” things work.
- Desire to be a member of a supportive team and company.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
This position has no traditional supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in an office setting and operates normal office equipment including computers, copiers, fax machines, telephones and filing systems.
There are only minor physical demands such as filing.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position is a full-time day position. Typical work days are Monday through Friday with occasional weekend projects. Daily hours are flexible. Full-time status is a minimum of 37 hours per week.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please APPLY TODAY!
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume and one letter of recommendation
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
2400 Freeway Blvd.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430