At the end of June I had the opportunity to visit the S.E. Shires factory in Hopedale, MA, just outside of Boston. The Shires name has become very well known in the trombone (and trumpet) communities and while it’s one thing to know about the amount of time, effort, and skill that goes into building any great brass instrument it’s another thing entirely to see it in person. It was a real treat to see these pro-level craftsmen and women (as well as Steve Shires himself) in action and then to have the chance to play the end product and while you will ideally be able to visit yourself, in the meantime these pictures may give a little more insight into the process behind the instruments!
- Welcome Back to Your Schmitt Music store – we’re NOW OPEN!
- Kawai Piano Financing: Same as Cash or Low Interest Offers through May!
- Now Open for Curbside Services and Limited In-Store Consultations
- Clearance LIVE: Virtual Band & Orchestra Instrument Clearance Tour!
- Unprecedented Values for Unprecedented Times