At the end of June I had the opportunity to visit the S.E. Shires factory in Hopedale, MA, just outside of Boston. The Shires name has become very well known in the trombone (and trumpet) communities and while it’s one thing to know about the amount of time, effort, and skill that goes into building any great brass instrument it’s another thing entirely to see it in person. It was a real treat to see these pro-level craftsmen and women (as well as Steve Shires himself) in action and then to have the chance to play the end product and while you will ideally be able to visit yourself, in the meantime these pictures may give a little more insight into the process behind the instruments!
- Steinway Factory-Authorized Selection Event in Kansas City
- Steinway Factory-Authorized Selection Event in Edina
- Band & Orchestra Instrument Selection Event in Brooklyn Center!
- Missouri State Piano Faculty Recital at Schmitt Music Kansas City
- Band & Orchestra Instrument Rebates and Special Financing!