Let us help you start an orchestra program at your school!
Schmitt Music is excited to offer Orchestra opportunities for students in private, parochial, charter and homeschools and for our in-store students who wish to expand their performing experience with a group of their peers.
Orchestra Continuo School Program began in 2011 and is similar to our Strike Up the Band program which began in 1965 that brings instrumental music to metro area children in private, parochial, charter and home schools where a full-time band director was not feasible.
The Orchestra Continuo School Program is available for students 2nd grade or older. During the first full or partial year that a school or home school joins our program, students in grade 2 will receive only a weekly 25 minute lesson. Students in grades 4 and up will receive a weekly 30 minute small group lesson and a weekly 45 minute orchestra rehearsal.
We also offer learning opportunities for those interested in piano, guitar, voice and more. Learn more about lessons at Schmitt Music.
Parents, director, school and Schmitt Music all play an important part in providing the Orchestra Continuo experience for children!SCHMITT MUSIC
- Interview, train, place, schedule and supervise the director.
- Bill the monthly tuition to participating families.
- Assist in recruitment of students and development of program.
- Provide music stands, band performance music, and necessary background instruments.
- Provide consistent space for lessons and rehearsals.
- Provide storage for equipment.
- Provide a weekly time in students' schedules for participation in lessons and rehearsals.
- Provide staff support for the Orchestra Continuo teacher.
- Schedule the students for weekly group lessons and rehearsals.
- Prepare the students for group and festival performances using the OC curriculum.
- Communicate effectively with teachers, students, school staff and administration.
- Prepare quarterly student progress reports.
- Supply your child with an instrument lesson book and accessories needed to begin.
- Ensure your child's instrument is in good playing condition.
- Pay the monthly tuition to Schmitt Music.
- Support your child by providing a comfortable place to practice, and being an attentive, appreciative audience.
Mail: Education Department, Schmitt Music, 2400 Freeway Blvd, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430-1799