Chamber Music Summer Camp With Lux String Quartet
Tuesday, July 28 – Sunday, August 2
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Schmitt Music Brooklyn Center
Lux Camp is canceled for 2020. Out of an abundance of caution, we have decided to postpone our Chamber Music Summer Camp until next summer.
We are brainstorming creative ways for you to work with the Lux String Quartet in the coming months. We will keep you advised of those future opportunities, as well as future Lux concerts whether via online venues or live performances. Please reach out with any questions via email to email@example.com.
Violin, viola, cello, and bass players, grades 6 through 12 are welcome to apply.
No Application Fee – FREE!
Tuition: $500 (snacks included; students bring lunch)
- Daily coaching with members of Lux
- Private lessons
- Solo and chamber master classes
- Unconducted chamber orchestra led by Lux
- Daily student chamber group rehearsals, as well as personal practice time
- Music enrichment classes: visiting a luthier, learning about stretching and how to take care of yourself as a musician, Latin rhythms, and much more!
- Afternoon concert on final day (Sunday, August 2) – family and friends are welcome to attend the performance!
Chamber Music Summer Camp is an enriching day camp for students ages 12 through 18 that broadens young string players’ understanding of chamber music. Participants who are new to chamber music and those who have had previous experience are welcome to audition.
Camp will be held at Schmitt Music in Brooklyn Center, MN, where students will work closely with the Lux String Quartet, a professional quartet based in the Twin Cities.
Playing chamber music is a challenging, fun, and rewarding experience. It also teaches teamwork, leadership, multi-tasking, giving and receiving constructive criticism – important skills that enhance all aspects of life.
Whether or not students have previously played chamber music, this focused camp will give a deeper appreciation for its rich and expressive sounds, while teaching string players how to express themselves through music in a fun and supportive environment.