Chamber Music Summer Camp With Lux String Quartet
Tuesday, July 28 – Sunday, August 2
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Schmitt Music Brooklyn Center
Violin, viola, cello, and bass players, grades 6 through 12 are welcome to apply.
No Application Fee – FREE!
Tuition: $500 (snacks included; students bring lunch)
Scholarships available! Partial scholarships will be awarded to select applicants based on financial need. Please contact Lux String Quartet for details.
Update – A message to future campers: Schmitt Music and the Lux String Quartet would like to assure you that we’re following all local and CDC health guidelines in response to COVID-19. At this time, Chamber Music Summer Camp is still scheduled to take place starting July 28 and we have extended enrollment deadlines. Schmitt Music stores are NOW OPEN for retail and repair services!
- Daily coaching with members of Lux
- Private lessons
- Solo and chamber master classes
- Unconducted chamber orchestra led by Lux
- Daily student chamber group rehearsals, as well as personal practice time
- Music enrichment classes: visiting a luthier, learning about stretching and how to take care of yourself as a musician, Latin rhythms, and much more!
- Afternoon concert on final day (Sunday, August 2) – family and friends are welcome to attend the performance!
Chamber Music Summer Camp is an enriching day camp for students ages 12 through 18 that broadens young string players’ understanding of chamber music. Participants who are new to chamber music and those who have had previous experience are welcome to audition.
Camp will be held at Schmitt Music in Brooklyn Center, MN, where students will work closely with the Lux String Quartet, a professional quartet based in the Twin Cities.
Playing chamber music is a challenging, fun, and rewarding experience. It also teaches teamwork, leadership, multi-tasking, giving and receiving constructive criticism – important skills that enhance all aspects of life.
Whether or not students have previously played chamber music, this focused camp will give a deeper appreciation for its rich and expressive sounds, while teaching string players how to express themselves through music in a fun and supportive environment.
Requirements & Additional Info
Application & Registration – DEADLINES EXTENDED!
- Audition requirements: all student applicants must provide a video of one scale and one solo piece. Please upload and provide a link (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook) to your audition video via the application form.
- Application fee: FREE!
- Application deadline: Monday, June 1
- Acceptance: all accepted students will receive email notification by Wednesday, June 10
- Registration deadline: accepted students will receive tuition payment link; confirmation and payment due by Saturday, June 20
- Each accepted student will be placed in a chamber ensemble; music is sent out in advance of the camp.
- What to bring: instrument, music, water, lunch
- Camp location: Schmitt Music Brooklyn Center at 2400 Freeway Boulevard, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
For questions about the application process or other camp details, please email email@example.com.
Lux String Quartet (L-R): Erika Blanco, violin; Eric Graf, cello; Stephanie Skor, violin; Kirsti Petraborg; viola