Warehouse/Shipping & Receiving Associate
Schmitt Music | Bloomington, MN
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receiving of all shipments, MI-accessories, and Band & Orchestra, including, cross checking with Purchase Orders and bringing merchandise into our inventory system. Putting stock away in warehouse and the accessory warehouse cage.
- Driving of forklift (after trained) and unloading trucks.
- Transferring any and all stock to stores.
- Packing and making ready of merchandise to be shipped out to all of our stores.
- Shipping of filled orders as needed to our customers, VIA. UPS & US Post Office.
- Fill stock sheet orders for all store based on our Min – Max reports pulled from our system.
- All warehouse employees will be trained, and will work, in all parts of Shipping & Receiving and the general warehouse.
- All employees will work in all 3-areas on a rotating, weekly basis.
- On the week the employee is working the general receiving counter, they will be responsible for cleaning the parking lot every morning plus cleaning and maintaining the front entrance of the building including snow shoveling.
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of basic warehouse functions
- Good work ethic
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize work while under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior customer service skills
- The willingness to follow directions and be a team player
- Valid Driver’s License and background check required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The responsibilities of this position may frequently require reaching with hands and arms, and talking or hearing. This position may often involve standing, walking and sitting. This position may sometimes involve climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
- May lift up to 20-30 pounds.
- May occasionally be required to climb a ladder, bend over and kneel to put stock away and move and carry merchandise
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume and one letter of recommendation
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
7800 Picture Drive
Bloomington, MN 55439