Retail Store Manager
Schmitt Music Omaha | Omaha, NE
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- All aspects of store performance.
- Achieve positive financial results in these areas: sales, inventory management, expenses.
- Exceed the stores Sales Plan Contribution target.
- Develop a competent sales team that is engaged in the sales process and driven to succeed while keeping the customer experience and perception of the company at the forefront of any interaction.
Develop and maintain relationships with the musical community (educators, K-12 representatives, higher education representatives, houses of worship, community groups, etc.) to collaborate and support events, programming, and joint performance ventures, etc. Attend concerts and social events with VIP customers- formal and informal. Non-Negotiable.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in a music business related field.
- 2+ years of retail and supervisory management and sales experience.
- Knowledge of music products and instruments required. Band and orchestra product knowledge required.
- Proven success in developing individuals and positively coaching workplace teams.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Superior organizational and follow-up skills to ensure responsibilities and goals are met within defined deadlines.
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize work while under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective and efficient knowledge of computers and Microsoft programs required.
- Limited travel.
- Ability to work retail hours including evenings and weekends.
- Prior retail management experience or retail store ownership experience.
- Additional Supervisory Responsibilities where applicable: Repair Technicians, Independent Contractor Educators, Educational Representatives.
- Valid Driver’s License and background check required.
Retail and office-type working conditions.
The responsibilities of this position may frequently require using hands to finger, handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, and talking or hearing. This position may often involve standing, walking and sitting. This position may sometimes involve climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
The person in this position:
- May lift up to 20-30 pounds.
- May occasionally be required to climb a ladder, bend over and kneel to put stock away and move and carry merchandise.
Please APPLY TODAY!
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume and one letter of recommendation
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
2400 Freeway Blvd.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430