Repair and Restoration Shop Manager
Schmitt Music Brooklyn Center | Brooklyn Center, MN
- Lead, manage and hold your team accountable to their roles and responsibilities (LMA).
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of shops and departments.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Duties/Responsibilities: Negotiate prices with customers when we are buying a private party Steinway.
- Set the pricing on Steinways that are traded in based on the rebuilding expenses.
- Decide where rebuilds will be sent for completion.
Communication with customers about estimates, completion updates and payment.
- Orders parts and supplies for the shops and departments.
- Maintains our quality standards for repairs and playing condition of our BTR instruments before they go to our customers.
- Develops and maintains inventory databases for parts and supplies.
- Schedule a Schmitt Music vetted piano technician to evaluate, photograph and document Steinway piano rebuild inquiries.
- Negotiate prices with customers when we are buying a private party Steinway.
- Once the estimate for required repairs is complete send then a written proposal to sign and send their 50% deposit.
- Set the cost pricing on Steinways that are traded in based on the rebuilding expenses.
- Decide which shop rebuilds will be sent for completion.
- Collaborates with School Services and our Educational Representatives on instrument turnaround time expectations.
- Collaborates with the Logistics/Supply Chain Manager to maximize efficiency in the delivery of pianos and instrument repairs so that they are delivered on time to our customers internal and external.
- Implement and integrate EOS throughout your areas of responsibility while using all the EOS tools available.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven repair and restoration skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, as well as inventory software.
Education and Experience (preferred):
- Repair trade school or related field with coursework in band, orchestra and percussion repair.
- Steinway rebuild experience or ability to learn.
- At least five years of repair shop experience preferred.
- Two years of management experience preferred
- Prolonged periods of standing at a desk or workbench and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 65 pounds at times.
- May be asked to travel to visit different company locations or affiliate repair shops.
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume and one letter of recommendation
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
2400 Freeway Blvd.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430