Purchasing and Inventory Control Manager
Schmitt Music Brooklyn Center | Brooklyn Center, MN
- Lead, manage and hold your team accountable to their roles and responsibilities (LMA).
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the purchasing / inventory department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Overseeing the purchasing of band, orchestra, and percussion instruments.
- Overseeing the purchasing of acoustic pianos and electronic keyboards instruments.
- Overseeing the purchasing of print and accessory products.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, prices, buyers, and delivery conditions to anticipate future material availability; directs purchasing programs accordingly.
- Develops and maintains open to buy inventory databases for instruments, print and accessories. Sets authorization limits for all associate buyers.
- Negotiates and completes contracts with vendors for optimal cost and delivery times.
- Reviews purchase orders and contracts for compliance with company and departmental policies.
- Collaborates with Sales Managers, which includes the DOS and School Services on the product needs and timing.
- Collaborates with the Logistics/Supply Chain Manager to maximize efficiency in the purchasing, inventory control and timing of delivery.
- Communicates with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price, or conditions of new product.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to purchasing and inventory control with a goal to maximize efficiency and optimize workflow.
- Works with our proprietary vendors and our importer (Livingston) to coordinate delivery of product to meet our timelines and needs.
- Implement and integrate EOS throughout your areas of responsibility while using all of the EOS tools available.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, as well as inventory software.
Education and Experience (preferred):
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and / or coursework in purchasing and/or inventory control management.
- At least three years of management experience required with a focus on inventory control and purchasing preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- May be asked to travel to visit stores and /or different vendor locations.
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume and one letter of recommendation
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
2400 Freeway Blvd.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430