Piano Retail Sales
Schmitt Music | Twin Cities
Schmitt Music is currently seeking an experienced Retail Sales Representative, with a passion for luxury and a love of the arts, for our Twin Cities piano showrooms.
The right candidate has a proven track record in a proactive approach to sales, with past experience in luxury sales, business development, lead generating activities and generating sales prospects. The candidate must have an outgoing and engaging personality who can engage and build relationships with clients on many different levels. While the ability to play piano is not a requirement for the job, it is highly preferred; musical and tonal understanding is highly beneficial as our clients often seek guidance and recommendations during instrument selections.
- Achieve personal sales goals and support store in achieving goals
- Develop sales strategy and forecasts for customer/client base
- Develop and cultivate customer leads and relationships
- Implement a sales referral outreach program for key influencers (i.e. piano technicians, real estate agents, designers, piano teachers, etc.)
- Coordinate all piano technical needs after sale follow up (tuning, etc.)
- Use the CRM system to manage and follow up with leads
- Support all in store and regional promotional events (generating and cultivating sales)
- Resolve customer issues in a timely manner
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree and experience in sales or customer service
- Min. 2 year experience within luxury/professional sales in a commission based environment
- Piano or music experience/background preferred
- Outstanding business development and personal management skills
- Superior communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Highly motivated, results-oriented self-starter with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and drive new business
- Note: Candidates must be able to lift 20-50 lbs. and be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
This is a full-time commission sales oppurtinity; draw versus commission with benefits. Goals and total compensation expectations upon request.
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume and one letter of recommendation
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
2400 Freeway Blvd.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430