Keyboard Selling Manager
Schmitt Music | Denver, CO
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Achieve the various goals and objectives of your individual store per that stores annual Sales Plan paying particular attention to:
- The financial health of the individual store by tracking expenses and setting individual sales goals for the individual Keyboard Associates on the team and helping them to achieve those goals with an eye to taking corrective action to solve problems, or taking aggressive action to seize opportunities.
- Contributing to the store’s social media content e for Facebook and Schmitt Music’s YouTube channel by setting goals for each Keyboard Associate for numbers of videos posted per month and approving that content.
- Keeping your stores used piano web content up to date by sending pictures, videos, and descriptions of used pianos as they arrive to Marketing.
- Provide training for all Keyboard Associates at your store.
- Facilitate a weekly L-10 meeting for your store that includes scorecard measures, rocks, and issues.
- Participate in the weekly manager’s L-10
- Adhere to the Keyboard Department’s promotional calendar carrying out the various planned promotions throughout the year and adding at least one event per month that is unique to your store such as an Artist Concert, Master Class, Workshop, etc.
- Implementing the Steinway Piano Competition every year and to also continue any competitions that have been traditionally held at the store.
- Delegate certain tasks at your discretion to sales associates so everyone feels a part of the team and is contributing.
- Keeping vigilant to institutional sales opportunities and, when appropriate, to pass along those opportunities to the correct institutional associate.
Develop and maintain relationships with the musical community to collaborate and support events, programming, and joint performance ventures, etc. Attend concerts and social events with VIP customers – formal and informal and encourage your staff to do the same.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in a music business related field.
- 3+ years of personal sales experience.
- Knowledge of keyboard products and instruments required.
- The desire to develop individuals and positively coach workplace teams.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Superior organizational and follow-up skills to ensure responsibilities and goals are met within defined guidelines.
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Efficient knowledge of computers and Microsoft programs required.
- Additional Supervisory Responsibilities where applicable.
- Valid Driver’s License and background check required.
Retail and office-type working conditions. The responsibilities of this position may frequently require using hands to finger, handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, and talking or hearing. This position may often involve standing, walking and sitting. This position may sometimes involve climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. May lift up to 20-30 pounds. May occasionally be required to climb a ladder, bend over and kneel to put stock away and move and carry merchandise.
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume and one letter of recommendation
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
2400 Freeway Blvd.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430