Instrument Repair Technician - Brass Focused
Schmitt Music | Omaha, NE
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
This is a 40+ hour a week position. The repair technician is responsible for repairing company own instruments, maintenance plan instrument, customer and school owned instruments. The technician should have a degree in Band Instrument repair or equivalent work experience in the band instrument repair field. This person will need to have excellent attention to detail, be able to work independently or in a team environment, and have the ability to stay focused on quality and customer service. Hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 to 5:00 with one Saturday per month.
- Prior training from accredited repair school or equivalent life work experience.
- Maintain and Service company instrument inventory of brass instruments; general maintenance, repairs, and cleaning/sanitation.
- Provide quality repair services for private and school owned instruments. Which includes dent removal, re-padding, key alignment and adjustments, trueing slides, valve repair and other repairs as needed.
- Evaluate and provide accurate repair estimates including turn-around time and cost.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team in a timely manner.
- Have the ability to lift at least 30 lbs
- Have a great attitude and enjoy repair.
- Retail and Shop-type working conditions
- Physical Demands: The responsibilities of this position may frequently require using hands to finger, handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, and talking hearing. This position may often involve standing, walking and sitting. This position may sometimes involve climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume and one letter of recommendation
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
7800 Picture Drive
Bloomington, MN 55439