Human Resources Payroll Generalist
Schmitt Music Brooklyn Center | Brooklyn Center, MN
(planning to move to Bloomington, MN, in summer 2022)
- Support all departments, including sales, account services, finance, IT, operations and marketing.
- Act as a business partner and resource to hiring managers throughout the recruiting process.
- Post open positions, review applications, conduct phone screens and interviews while ensuring a great candidate experience.
- Manage the interview process ensuring the process runs smoothly and the hiring teams can effectively assess applicants’ knowledge, skills, and experience to best suit open positions.
- Work with hiring manager to execute job offers.
- Verify that all hiring information is gathered and reported as required.
- Develop consistent onboarding and training processes.
Other Human Resources Activities
- Schmitt uses the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) to lead its business. One of the six key components is the People Component. The HR Payroll Generalist will be the lead driver on strengthening this component.
- Work with employees and managers related to issues that may occur. Manage any processes that are necessary.
- Lead and coordinate Schmitt’s diversity, equity and inclusion program.
- Comply with changing rules and regulations such as updating employee handbooks and procedures.
- Assist with all employee benefits including medical, HSA, dental, vision, PTO and 401(k).
- Assist with the annual benefit renewal process to include strategy surrounding carrier selection, benefit offerings, employer contribution levels, etc.
- Manage the bi-weekly payroll process. Schmitt uses Ceridian’s Dayforce HR / Payroll system for its payroll processes.
- Process new hires in Dayforce as well as required reporting to various governmental entities.
- Gather and report employee related data to various agencies.
- Process employee changes such as location, position and pay.
- Monitor paid time off and benefit processes in Dayforce.
- Assist with digitization of all payroll and HR records.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- A talented juggler. You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy.
- Passionate about employee engagement and recruiting. You’re consistently brainstorming new ways to raise the bar on both the employee and candidate experience.
- Flexible. You can change direction quickly and easily adapt to curveballs.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, fluid environment. You’re calm under pressure and think quickly on your feet.
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your clients.
What you’ll need:
- At least 2+ years of experience in an HR or payroll role, preferably in a sales and customer service environment.
- Expertise in time management.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information carefully and professionally.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and impressive organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and responsibilities in parallel.
This position has no traditional supervisory responsibilities.
This position is currently located in Brooklyn Center, MN, and will be moving to Bloomington, MN around the summer of 2022. The role operates in an office setting and operates normal office equipment including computers, copiers, fax machines, telephones and filing systems.
There are only minor physical demands such as filing.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This position is a full-time day position. Typical work days are Monday through Friday with occasional weekend projects. Daily hours are flexible. Full-time status is a minimum of 37 hours per week.
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume and one letter of recommendation
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
2400 Freeway Blvd.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430