Schmitt Music | Fargo, ND
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strategically develops and maintains relationships with music directors.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Sell instruments, music, accessories and repair services to assigned districts.
- Maintain and develop instrumental programs.
- Assure that inventory is properly maintained and accurately accounted for at all times.
- Work with in-store personnel and the Schmitt Director Center (SDC).
- Attend and work events that take place during evenings and weekends.
- Promote Schmitt Music through community outreach and engagement activities.
- Correctly complete all required paperwork associated with sales and customer database.
- Maintain records of customer and prospect information for follow up.
- Assist in planning sales promotions and clinics. Promote sales by properly completing and maintaining displays and signage.
- Consistently adhere to Schmitt Music’s non-negotiable standards.
- Maintain Schmitt Music vehicles to company expectations
- Other duties as assigned and based on the needs of the business.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Musical instrument knowledge and/or playing experience required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to represent Schmitt Music in accordance with Core Values.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Excellent presentation skills in one-on-one and group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to build mutually beneficial relationships.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize work while under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to do basic computation.
- Ability to interpret and compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Prioritization, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a consultant sales environment.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft programs required.
- The ability to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends is required and will occur seasonally.
- Ability to travel daily within assigned territory.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Music Education, Business, or related field.
- 1-3 years professional outside sales experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Retail and/or office-type working conditions. Daily driving and visiting schools/outside venues approximately 75%+ of work time.
- The responsibilities of this position may frequently require using hands to finger, handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, and talking or hearing. This position may often involve standing, walking and sitting. This position may sometimes involve climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The ability to taste or smell is not a demand for this position. There are no special vision requirements.
- May often lift up to 40-50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- May occasionally be required to climb a ladder, bend over and kneel to put stock away and move and carry merchandise.
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume and one letter of recommendation
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
2400 Freeway Blvd.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430