Director of Sales - Paul A. Schmitt Violin Shop
Schmitt Music | Brooklyn Center, MN
Roles and responsibilities:
- Grow and build the Paul A. Schmitt Violin Shop brand presence at the local, regional, national, and international level.
- Establish sales strategies, protocols and procedures for instrument and bow contracts.
- Aid in supporting growth of the entire line of instruments, from student to professional.
- Serve as a string resource for Schmitt Music and the greater community.
- In collaboration with the Violin Shop Manager, organize and keep stock levels in our retail stores.
- Support the Violin Shop Manager with their duties and responsibilities.
- Collaborate with the Violin Shop Manager and Company social media team to plan, create, and curate content.
- Actively support student/band orchestra seasons, both in-store and out-of-store.
- Participate in the creative development of new products and services.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor activities, manufacturer promotions, and ongoing events or other news of note in the string community.
- Plan and communicate team involvement in professional events.
- Have a willingness to travel, train, and engage an enthusiastic sales team in the Upper Midwest and online.
- Maintain existing relationships with manufacturers and suppliers and develop new supplier connections. Place and track orders and inventory from suppliers and manufacturers as needed.
- Complete sales reporting and other metric tracking tasks in a regular and prompt manner.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- A person who can collaborate with our clients and staff enthusiastically, contribute ideas, and work with teams to meet shared goals.
- A self-motivated individual, seeking opportunities to share our team’s energy for growth while providing best-in-class service and products.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing and engaging in-person and online through social media
- Retail and office-type working conditions.
- Physical Demands: The responsibilities of this position may often require using hands to finger, handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, and talking or hearing. This position may often involve standing, walking, and sitting. This position may sometimes involve climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- The person in this position may lift to 20-30 pounds
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume and one letter of recommendation
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
2400 Freeway Blvd.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430