Accounts Payable Specialist
Schmitt Music | Brooklyn Center, MN
Major Job Functions:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment. Process three way PO matching of invoices
- Process payment runs
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Gathering documentation for audits
- Assist with other projects as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Above average speed when using computer programs and entering data
- Accurate and efficient work habits.
- High school diploma required
- Prior Accounts Payable experience preferred
- An aptitude for mastering computer systems
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Well organized and a self-starter
- Inquisitive nature that needs to know the “how” and the “why” things work.
- Desire to be a member of a supportive team and company.
- Strong problem solving skills and basic accounting principles knowledge
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
This position operates in an office setting and operates normal office equipment including computers, copiers, fax machines, telephones and filing systems.
There are only minor physical demands such as filing.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This position is a full-time day position. Typical work days are Monday through Friday with occasional weekend projects. Daily hours are flexible. Full-time status is a minimum of 37 hours per week.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Step One: Complete the application form and submit with your resume and one letter of recommendation
Step Two: By completing and sending your application materials, you are granting us permission to send you a link to an online survey which must be completed before the interview process begins.
Step Three: When your application materials are received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Step Four: A personal interview will be conducted
2400 Freeway Blvd.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430