“Khristenko’s gentle, loving approach to the keyboard – and his palette of touches – yielded a startling array of emotions.” – The Washington Post
Ukrainian-American concert pianist Stanislav Khristenko’s performances have captivated audiences on four continents since his first solo recital at the age of 11. At Schmitt Music Brooklyn Center he will listen to area piano students and offer instructive comments to help improve their performance. Everyone is welcome to witness this fascinating process; attend one or ALL SEVEN free master class events. Here is the current schedule:
- 12:00PM – Daniel Yang (student of Dr. Denis Evstuhin) performing Rondo Capriccioso by F. Mendelssohn
- 12:40PM – Jaqueline Pham (student of Dr. Paul Wirth) performing Scherzo No. 3, op. 39 by F. Chopin
- 1:20PM – Chen Chen (student of Dr. Denis Evstuhin) performing Spanish Rhapsody by F. Liszt
- 2:00PM – 2:10PM | BREAK
- 2:10PM – Jeesoo Lee (student of Dr. Denis Evstuhin) performing Sonata, op. 2 No. 3 (first movement) by L. van Beethoven
- 2:50PM – Kimberly Shen (student of Professor Alexander Braginsky) performing Sonata (first movement) by S. Barber
- 3:30PM – 3:40PM | BREAK
- 3:40PM – Margaret Wang (student of Professor Alexander Braginsky) performing Adante Spianato et Grande Polonaise Brillante, op. 22 by F. Chopin
- 4:20PM – Chuen Wu (student of Professor Alexander Braginsky) performing 4 Etudes, op. 10 by F. Chopin
Watch Stanislav Khristenko perform “Spanish Rhapsody” by F. Liszt:
Praised for his emotional intensity, charismatic expression, and brilliant technique Ukrainian-born pianist Stanislav Khristenko is one of America’s most thought-provoking and eminent young artists.
Stanislav Khristenko’s performances have captivated audiences on four continents since his first solo recital at the age of 11. A “poet of piano” (Le Soir), Mr. Khristenko has been praised in the media around the globe. New York Times reviewer Zachary Woolfe wrote that in “an impressive recital… (he) plays with thoughtful lucidity and restraint.” Spanish El Pais wrote of his “precise technique, powerful sound and fingers of steel.”
Mr. Khristenko has appeared as a soloist with the Cleveland Orchestra, Phoenix and Richmond Symphonies, National Orchestra of Belgium, Bilbao and Tenerife Symphony Orchestras, Liege Royal Philharmonic, Hong Kong Chamber Orchestra, and Takamatsu Symphony Orchestra, among others. His performance highlights include solo recitals in Weill and Zankel Halls at Carnegie Hall, Schubert-Saal at Vienna Konzerthaus, Palais de Beaux-Arts in Brussels, as well as performances with orchestras in Grosser Saal of The Berlin Philharmonie, Severance Hall in Cleveland, Moscow Conservatory Great Hall, and Hong Kong City Hall.
Mr. Khristenko has won top prizes at some of the most prestigious international piano competitions. In 2013 alone he won First Prize at the Cleveland International Piano Competition, the Maria Canals International Music Competition, and was named Fourth Laureate at the Queen Elisabeth Competition. Stanislav Khristenko is a Steinway Artist. Visit khristenko.com to learn more.